When you are creating a plan for deploying software updates to machines using SCCM, you most likely are creating at least two different deployments: one for Pilot and one for Production.
If you wanted to completely automate this process prior to SCCM 1511, you were required to create one Automatic Deployment Rule for Pilot and one for Production.
How to create multiple deployments for an ADR
Here is a step by step guide for adding a new deployment to your existing Automatic Deployment Rule. I am assuming that we are adding a deployment to your previous ADR used for Pilot machines.
- Select the Automatic Deployment Rule for which you want to create a new deployment:
2. Right-click and press Add Deployment.
3. Browse for the collection where you want to create the new deployment:
4. Run through the next steps as you would previously when creating a new Automatic Deployment Rule.
5. Done! Now you have two deployments for one Automatic Deployment Rule. In this case, I have one for Pilot and one for Production, where the Production deployment is set with a deadline one week after the Pilot.
Subscribe to newsletter:
If you want to receive the latest news for MEMCM, Windows 10, and Powershell, please subscribe to my monthly newsletter!