Table of Contents
As winter settles in, bringing chilly temperatures and unpredictable weather to Gothenburg, Sweden, it’s the perfect time to cozy up and dive into this week’s newsletter.
Our primary focus this week is the much-anticipated release of Windows 11 23H2, bringing a host of exciting updates and features:
- Copilot in Windows Preview: Copilot in Windows is rolling out in preview, starting in select global markets, such as North America, Asia, and South America, with plans to expand to more markets over time.
- SMS Integration: Windows 11 now allows you to send and receive SMS messages within Microsoft Teams and link your Android Phone using Link to Windows, enabling SMS access and meeting link sharing via your phone number.
- New People Experience: A new People experience makes finding people relevant to you easy on Teams. Because Teams syncs with your Outlook and Skype contacts, you can connect to them whenever you want.
- Application Management: There are changes in managing applications, where system components are labeled “system” under All apps on the Start menu, and their management page has been moved to Settings > System > System Components.
For detailed information and updates, explore Microsoft’s official documentation:
- Windows 11, version 23H2 update history – Microsoft Support
- Windows 11, version 23H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn
- KB5027397: Feature update to Windows 11, version 23H2 by using an enablement package – Microsoft Support
- Copilot in Windows and new Cloud PC experiences coming to Windows 11 | Windows IT Pro Blog (microsoft.com)
The community has also created some blog posts on the topic:
- Windows 11 23H2 Upgrade Using Intune Feature Updates Policy HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Jitesh Kumar (@jitesh8092)
- Disable Copilot on Windows 11 using Intune and GPO (prajwaldesai.com) – Prajwal Desai (@PrajwalDesai)
Thank you for being part of our community, and I hope you look forward to next week’s newsletter!
Product updates from Microsoft
Intune updates from the community
- How to Resolve NamespaceMissing:Microsoft.Policies.Windows Error in Intune | scloud – Florian Salzmann (@FlorianSLZ)
- Warranty Reporting for Intune – PowerStacks – John Marcum (@MEM_MVP)
- Group-Centric documentation for Intune (Part 1) – mAnimA.de – Martin Himken (@MHimken)
- DiscoveryEndpoint | Declared Configuration Enrollment (call4cloud.nl) – Rudy Ooms (@Mister_MDM)
- Intune – You can now export/import Windows devices configuration profiles (hametbenoit.info) – Benoit Hamat (@benoit_hamet)
- Getting started with web-based device enrollment for iOS devices – All about Microsoft Intune (petervanderwoude.nl) – Peter van der Woude (@pvanderwoude)
- What’s new in Microsoft Intune (2310) – YouTube – Mattias Melkersen & Nickolaj Andersen (@MMelkersen & @NickolajA)
Windows updates from the community
- Windows Clipboard History – TechNine – Erik Moreau (@ErikMoreau)
- Why protecting BitLocker Recovery key retrieval is so important.. (rahuljindalmyit.blogspot.com) – Rahul Jindal (@rahulj1906)
- Windows 365: the easy intro (oceanleaf.ch) – Niklas Tinner (@NiklasTinner)
- Automating Windows 365 part 1 – Introducing Graph and setting up Visual Studio code – SCCMentor – Paul Winstanley (@SCCMentor)
Other updates from the community
- B2B – ABM – Adding own domain! – Piesik.me – Jakub Piesik (@dzejzipl)
- B2B – ABM – Federated Authentication with Microsoft – Piesik.me – Jakub Piesik (@dzejzipl)
- Onboarding a passwordless Azure AD user | Peter Klapwijk – In The Cloud 24-7 (inthecloud247.com) – Peter Klapwjik (@inthecloud_247)