It’s finally that time of the year again when we can put away our winter gear and enjoy the warm weather outside! I’ve been lucky to spend time with friends and colleagues locally and abroad. But let’s talk about something on my mind lately: AI. I’m excited about the Microsoft 365 Copilot and the potential it brings. The early access program is underway, and we have the inside scoop.
- Introducing the Microsoft 365 Copilot Early Access Program and new capabilities in Copilot | Microsoft 365 Blog
- Introducing the Microsoft 365 Copilot Early Access Program and 2023 Microsoft Work Trend Index – The Official Microsoft Blog
In addition, Doug Finke has some fantastic work on PowerShell and Chat GPT that you should check out! He’s also hosting a meetup event next week.
- PowerShellAI: The Ultimate Git Command Generator – YouTube – Doug Finke (@dfinke)
- ChatGPT + PowerShell -eq ‘Better Together’ – Doug Finke, Sat, May 20, 2023, 9:55 AM | Meetup
Microsoft Build is right around the corner, and it has plenty to offer for IT pros like us. Check out the Cloud Skills Challenge to earn a free Microsoft certification.
We also have some updates on CVE-2023-24932, including helpful community solutions and workarounds.
- KB5025885: Dealing with CVE-2023-24932 via Proactive Remediation & Configuration Items – GARYTOWN ConfigMgr Blog – Gary Blok (@gwblok)
- KB5025885: Dealing with CVE-2023-24932 for your ConfigMgr boot images. – GARYTOWN ConfigMgr Blog – Gary Blok (@gwblok)
- PS Script to Update Boot images with CU-CVE-2023-24932 – CCMEXEC.COM – Enterprise Mobility – Jörgen Nilsson (@ccmexec)
- Azure Virtual Desktop – A new client has been published fixing a CVE (hametbenoit.info) – Benoit Hamet (@benoit_hamet)
And finally, I came across an intriguing article by James Robinson on Hybrid-joined devices that you’ll enjoy.
As always, thanks for tuning in, and happy reading!
Updates from Microsoft
- Support tip: Removing and preventing the use of applications on iOS/iPadOS and Android devices – Microsoft Community Hub
- Public Preview: Token Protection for Sign-In Sessions – Microsoft Community Hub
- Managing Windows updates – tips and tools | Tackling Tech – YouTube
- Announcing the public preview of Azure Virtual Desktop Custom Image Templates (microsoft.com)
- Windows client roadmap update – Microsoft Community Hub
- Windows LAPS overview | Microsoft Learn
- KB5025885: How to manage the Windows Boot Manager revocations for Secure Boot changes associated with CVE-2023-24932 – Microsoft Support
- Insights from the 2023 Open Confidential Computing Conference | Azure Blog | Microsoft Azure
- Completion Predictor v0.1.1 Release – PowerShell Team (microsoft.com)
- Configure federated sign-in for Windows devices – Windows Education | Microsoft Learn
- How to set up Disaster Recovery for Azure IaaS VMs (microsoft.com)
- Skilling snack: Best practices for shared and frontline Windows devices – Microsoft Community Hub
- Tackling Tech: new podcast on the latest Microsoft capabilities – Microsoft Community Hub
Intune updates from the community
- Remote Help just became more secure – Mindcore Techblog – Mattias Melkersen (@MMelkersen)
- Prohibit Connection To Non-domain Networks Using Intune HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Abhinav Rana
Windows updates from the community
- Tech preview of IGEL Windows 365 app -including IGEL boot to Windows 365, Cloud PC controls, Windows 365 Frontline support, and IGEL unique features are coming! – VirtualBrat – Fredrik Brattstig (@VirtualBrat)
- Retrieving Windows LAPS Azure AD Passwords with PowerShell | by Nicola | May, 2023 | Medium – Nicola Suter (@nicolonsky)
- How To Create A Custom Image For Windows 365 – techlab.blog – Dominiek Verham (@dominiekverham)
- Resetting the managed local administrator password when using Windows LAPS – All about Microsoft Intune (petervanderwoude.nl) – Peter van der Woude (@pvanderwoude)
Other updates from the community
- Teams – You can now enable profanity filter for Live Caption (hametbenoit.info) – Benoit Hamet (@benoit_hamet)
- Forms – You can allow responders to edit their response and receive a copy of their response (hametbenoit.info) – Benoit Hamet (@benoit_hamet)