Table of Contents
Half of February has already passed by in a blur.
This week’s newsletter is PACKED with great content from the community. You guys have been busy!
What I’ve been waiting for several years has now come to fruition! Microsoft has just announced the availability of the deployment service for driver and firmware (BIOS).
It has been a long time since it was introduced on March 2nd, 2021.
Although limited, you can manage driver and firmware approvals via the Graph API. Driver and firmware updates have been a showstopper for many organizations wishing to move from on-premises WSUS solutions to Windows Update for Business.
Traditionally, most machines have the version of the drivers they received during the operating system deployment. Most organizations don’t have any way of servicing drivers once installed.
I’m looking forward to what’s in store for this deployment service in the future!
You can find the official release information from Microsoft here:
David Brook has created some great content on the topic:
- VLOG – Driver and Firmware Updates Preview GUI Configuration (euc365.com) – David Brook (@DBBrook24)
- View Applicable Devices for Driver Deployments (euc365.com) – David Brook (@DBBrook24)
Apart from the deployment service, check out the new YouTube series by Nickolaj Andersen and Mattias Melkersen, where they walk us through what’s new this month for Microsoft Intune:
- What’s new in Microsoft Intune (2301) – YouTube – Nickolaj Andersen & Mattias Melkersen (@NickolajA & @MMelkersen)
See you next week!
Updates from Microsoft
- Study guide for Exam MD-102: Endpoint Administrator | Microsoft Learn
- Skilling snack: Windows end-user readiness – Microsoft Community Hub
- Manage Windows Defender Credential Guard (Windows) | Microsoft Learn
- Improving .NET Framework updates for Windows 11, version 22H2 – Microsoft Community Hub
- Multimedia Redirection (MMR) on Windows 365 general availability – Microsoft Community Hub
Intune updates from the community
- The Perfect Intune Policy Design. The first week’s “Friday mail sack”… | by Scott Duffey | Feb, 2023 | Medium – Scott Duffey (@Scottduf)
- Monitoring Intune App creation and assignments using Logic Apps – Intune Tech – Jose Schenardie (@schenardie)
- Install an additional language pack on Windows 11 during Autopilot enrollment | Peter Klapwijk – In The Cloud 24-7 (inthecloud247.com) – Peter Klapwjik (@inthecloud_247)
- Onboard devices to Defender for Endpoint via Intune connector (endpointcave.com) – René Laas (@mr_helaas)
- Intune RBAC permissions (oceanleaf.ch) – Niklas Tinner (@NiklasTinner)
- Device Admin App: The necessity and importance (intuneirl.com) – Somesh Pathak (@pathak_somesh)
ConfigMgr updates from the community
- SCCM Daily Maintenance Tasks (systemcenterdudes.com) – Benoit Lecours (@benoitlecours)
- HP Devices – Inventory BIOS Settings in ConfigMgr – GARYTOWN ConfigMgr Blog – Gary Blok (@gwblok)
Security updates from the community
- Using Smart App Control as starting point for Windows Defender Application Control – All about Microsoft Endpoint Manager (petervanderwoude.nl) – Peter van der Woude (@pvanderwoude)
Windows updates from the community
- Windows 365 Will Change the Personal Computer Market (technewsworld.com) – Mark Vena (@MarkVenaTechGuy)
- 2 Ways to Get Windows 365 Cloud PC Connection Details (prajwaldesai.com) – – Prajwal Desai (@PrajwalDesai)
- Configuring Multimedia redirection in Windows 365 aka Cloud PC – VDI Tech Blogs (wordpress.com) – Amal Abraham (@amalkallath)
- Reprovision/Restore Windows 365 Devices – NielsKok.Tech – Niels Kok (@NielsKok5)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) – Getting started for Windows 365 Cloud PC and Azure Virtual Desktop | AskAresh – Aresh Sarkari (@askaresh)
Other updates from the community
- What I’ve Learned This Week #3. MS Graph, Azure AD, OBS, Teams (nianit.com) – Niclas Andersson (@NiAndeIT)
- Devices BSOD (blue screen) dashboard with Log Analytics | Syst & Deploy (systanddeploy.com) – Damien Van Robaeys (@syst_and_deploy)
- Graph 101 – E11 – Pagination… Is It Magic?! – (I.T) – YouTube – Intune Training Series (@OnPremCloudGuy, @AdamGrossTX, @powers_hell and @shackelfjaco)